How to enroll at the University of Big Data
How to participate in a competition
- Download a dataset from the relevant competition page. Each dataset comprises a training dataset and a test dataset.
- Train a predictive model using the training dataset, and make predictions for the test data.
- Upload the predictions to the competition page (upload only the predicted values). You can make a limited number of submissions each day.
- You will be given a score for your current submission as feedback to improve your predictions.
- Unless otherwise specified, a competition follows the procedure below
- Each participant can submit up to 3 predictions a day.
- The score given to each submission is an intermediate score, which is calculated using a part of the test dataset.
- The final scores are calculated using the remaining portion of the test data. Final ranks are determined according to the final scores.